POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Full time, Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS - Associate’s Degree in Business or related field with 1-3 years office management experience preferred or High School Diploma with 5 years’ experience in documentation, report writing, purchasing, customer service, and clerical responsibilities. Must be capable of working with common Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Office or taking coursework or workshops to become proficient.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Demonstrate flexibility, accuracy, and confidentiality in work assignments. Serve as the point of contact for the Residential Department for all staff in regards to direct contact and for varied forms of documentation and correspondence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend and take minutes for Bi-weekly Manager meetings, and back-up recorder for Incident Review Committee and Curriculum Development Committee meetings (preschool).
- Complete reports on manager contact time and other reports as deemed appropriate by the Director of Residential Services.
- Collect varied documents and forms and validate all information is accurate such as attendance, proof of service forms, minor injury logs, visitors logs, schedules for sites, grocery and bulk order forms, and purchase orders.
- Maintain an accurate record of residential sub staff and day program staff who sub in the residential department designating who is CAPA approved.
- Complete long term and monthly AOD schedules and updates the AOD bag weekly as needed.
- Develop and distribute staff meeting calendar on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the storage area that are used by the department and order them as necessary.
- Maintain and schedule the West Wing meeting room calendar.
- Responsible for purchase orders, issuing of cards, validating grocery/supply purchases to approved lists. Will monitor purchase orders for issues such as spending over the limit, taxes paid on purchases, purchasing items not on approved lists and advising the Residential Coordinator to address.
- Contact managers for follow-up on issues, receipts of necessary information and to assist in coverage of shifts.
- Order office supplies and copy paper as necessary.
- Serve as the contact point for the Residential Department for phone calls, mail and varied forms of documentation. The Administrative Assistant will contact the appropriate parties and/or submit documentation or mail as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for updating the Residential Directory.
- Responsible for compiling a Residential Expenditure Report.
- Create and Maintain documents and forms required by the Residential Department. Will ensure updated forms are distributed and maintained accordingly.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Residential Services.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – None
TRAVEL – None
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.