POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK - Established according to assigned routes, 25 hours minimum per week. Routes will vary and are subject to change. Available to work between 6am and 6pm.
QUALIFICATIONS - Possess a clean CDL License with Passenger endorsement to comply with Agency requirements; one year experience preferred. Will train.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible to comply with DMV Article 19-A and Commissioner's Regulations, agency policies and procedures. Responsible for the safe transport of all passengers assigned to route.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible to maintain current CDL License with appropriate endorsements to comply with DMV/DOT Law.
- Responsible to complete as scheduled, all requirements for compliance to 19-A regulations.
- Responsible to practice safe driving techniques adhering to all driving rules and regulations as set forth under DMV and DOT regulations.
- Responsible to attend bus driver meetings and/or workshops as scheduled.
- Responsible to meet the needs of the Transportation Department in the event of an early closing, delayed openings or cancellations as requested.
- Responsible to remove trash from vehicle on a daily basis and dispose of trash in garage receptacle, as well as sweep floor.
- Responsible for providing transportation aides with assistance to ensure passengers are safely transported.
- Responsible to perform a "walk through" on vehicle immediately after all passengers disembark to establish neither passengers nor personal belongings remain on vehicle.
- Responsible to report any incidents or concerns which occur during transport according to agency policy and procedures.
- Responsible to maintain accurate and exact times on time cards.
- Responsible to complete daily vehicle reports and grant reports on a daily basis (where applicable).
- Responsible to adhere to all procedures as stated in the Bus Drivers' Procedure Handbook.
- Responsible to determine that all passengers are seated and wearing seat belts prior to transporting.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Ability to Lead and Direct.
- Calm under Pressure.
- Respectful to Others.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – N/A
WORK ENVIRONMENT – This position requires working both indoors and outdoors transporting the people we support during all seasons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran
SIGN-ON BONUS - Bus Drivers have a sign on bonus of $500 payable. $250 after 3 months of service and $250 after 6 months of service.