In compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence is adopting the policy that all employees on Federal Contracts or associated with Federal Contracts must be vaccinated or in process of being vaccinated prior to beginning work. Only where there is a bonafide need for a medical accommodation or a sincerely held religious belief will there be an exemption made as long as such an accommodation does not pose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
**As an organization that provides services to the disabled; our first priority in filling these positions will be to staff the project with individuals who have physical, intellectual or psychological disabilities.**
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – 40 hours per week; flexible to the needs of the program. Generally Monday through Friday from 7:30am – 4:00pm. Hours are subject to change in accordance with the requirements of the operation. Must be prepared to work contingency overtime to meet the needs of the contract. Overtime may be scheduled on any day of the week and at any hour.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or GED; relevant work experience a plus. Experience working with the developmentally disabled desired. Knowledge of computers and software systems to include email.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Perform general administrative functions in support of the Central Issue Facility. Customer service experience, posting, filing and record keeping. Effective speaker – ability to address a large group using the English language. Follow instructions and work independently. General knowledge of government regulations, forms and operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Electronically input data, communicate via email & general office/clerk duties, which include answering the phone, greeting and assisting customers at the counter, copying, faxing, shredding, maintaining supplies and equipment, typing or word processing, filing & serving customers in a courteous and discreet manner.
- Communicate with customers, employees and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, follow direction and address complaints.
- When the Clerk I is unavailable or when appointed to by the supervisor, schedule and track soldiers turn in appointments. Use the Microsoft Excel appointment workbook to assess availabilities and communicate with Team Leaders when available appointments are approaching 10 or more days out. Also, create, print and organize turn-in and issuing documents if assigned to execute.
- Be knowledgeable of and give the initial issue briefing, when appointed, if the in-processing Sergeant of the day is unavailable. Sit with soldiers and go over every item via their worksheet and answer any questions that may arise.
- Compile, order and track the delivery of safety boots to the CIF. Notify soldiers when items arrive via phone or email.
- Perform simple record checks by referring to customer electronic clothing records and hard files.
- Remain flexible to the needs of the Operation.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Work independently or with a group
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – N/A
TRAVEL - No travel is expected for this position. Must provide own transportation to and from worksite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a fast paced customer service environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran