POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Flexible to the needs of the program, may include evening and weekend hours.
QUALIFICATIONS - Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Field. One year experience working with the Developmentally Disabled population or in a vocational setting. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License with an acceptable driving history per the agencies insurance requirements.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS – None
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible for each assigned Program Participant’s vocational plan or service and required program documentation. Assist Program served to develop work skills and behaviors in order for them to reach their maximum vocational potential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule team meeting and complete all documentation required for annual reviews, semi-annual reviews and interim meetings.
- Complete Prevoc ISP programs, Habilitative Plans, monthly notes, and six month reviews of progress on Therap. Complete T-logs and PSU data entries as necessary.
- Complete ISP Plans and Personal Focus Worksheets as necessary in Therap.
- Ensure that all Documentation is scanned and uploaded to Therap.
- Identify and help address barriers that may hinder individuals’ progress toward supported employment.
- Monitor waiver community pre-voc services to ensure accuracy and completeness. Complete all required documentation for monthly billing.
- Assist persons served to gain access to needed community services and supports.
- Maintain communication with families and Care Managers.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL - Regular travel within the assigned county is required with occasional travel outside the county for meetings and training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.