Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? Were looking for a team-oriented professional who is not only passionate about their work, but who also values optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! Were proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our vision, we encourage you to apply!
Were looking for a Social Worker (LMSC or LCSW) for our Article 16 Clinic who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and an upbeat attitude. To be successful in this position, in addition to the required skills for the position, candidates should a genuine desire to make a difference in peoples lives.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK Full time - 40 hours per week; flexible to the needs of the program. Non-Exempt
QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a Masters Degree in Social Work, a NY State Social Work License (LCSW or LMSW - needing supervision) Preferred six to twelve months experience as a Social Worker. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Upon admission, the Social Worker will be responsible for developing meaningful and realistic plans of service with input from the clients team. The Social Worker provides intervention services as well as information, counseling, and guidance to families and staff to support and facilitate treatment goals. The Social Worker will provide services through the Arc Jefferson-St. Lawrence, Article 16 Clinic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate with clinical, support team, and direct support professionals to develop and implement discipline specific evaluations and treatment plans.
- Provide counseling services for clients and their families.
- Effective verbal communications skills to provide guidance and direction to clients, staff and their family and to secure their cooperation and support in fulfilling Arcs medical and safety requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain current information regarding both public and private social services and resources available for clients and their families.
- Must have at least semi-annual consults with each client receiving services regarding current treatment status.
- Maintain client treatment schedules and encounters to achieve billing units assigned by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Establish effective and collaborative working relationships with treatment providers both internally and externally. Ensure that the recommendations and treatment plans developed by the Clinic are implemented and communicated to caregivers and referral sources (both internal and external).
- Completes home visits to ensure information sharing, continuity of services, introduction to new agency or regional services, etc. and documents accordingly.
- Maintains contact with families and providers to ensure information sharing, continuity of service delivery, etc., and documents contacts accordingly.
- Acts as liaison between other community resources and parents by providing linkage between parents and such agencies.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings as needed to convey pertinent information to parents and those delivering services.
- Establishes and provides clear and legible documentation and compliance records required by the Arc Jefferson-St. Lawrence and other government agencies.
- Attends and participates in required Arc meetings, staff development and training programs.
- Provides other job-related support and services as required or assigned by management.
- Must maintain job-required certifications and/or licenses.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
TRAVEL - Travel is expected for this position to locations in Jefferson county on a regular basis and occasionally to other areas for work purposes such as training, meetings, or events. Must be able to travel to off-site appointments (such as home visits).
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates out of the Article 16 Clinic in Jefferson County. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran