Making the famous Little Trees air fresheners here in the USA since 1952.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the accuracy of transactions related to customers, vendors, inventory, payroll and tax in accordance with Federal and State tax regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensure timely resolution and proper financial reporting of customer programs.
- Ensure proper revenue and expense recognition of all transactions.
- Calculate and adjust reserves for customer allowance, bad debt and accruals monthly.
- Maintain accurate fixed asset records in accordance with GAAP and tax regulations.
- Prepare various tax filings including Sales & Use Tax, Canadian GST and 1099 forms.
- Process all transactions accurately and timely.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to customers, vendors or payroll.
- Ensure correct setup and maintenance of financial data in ERP system.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations and year-end audit/tax schedules.
- Ensure accurate reporting in ERP and Business Intelligence Software.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Strong accounting skills with a solid understanding of financial calculations and ratios.
- Analytical and process oriented.
Clean, temperature-controlled facility, paid vacation & sick time, Medical & Dental/Vision Insurance, immediate eligibility in 401K Savings Plan & Match, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts with company contribution for Dependent Care, and free family Fitness Memberships.