Making the famous Little Trees air fresheners here in the USA since 1952.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Specialist will be an integral member of the accounting team. This individual will be cross trained in all areas of the finance department including accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory and will assist with the accounting close and reporting process as well as running large components of the daily accounting function. This candidate is responsible for the accuracy of transactions related to customers, vendors, inventory, payroll and tax in accordance with Federal and State tax regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assists the Finance team and is responsible for tasks including:
- Accounts Receivable: Responsible for ensuring proper revenue and expense recognition of customer transactions. This includes calculating and adjusting reserves for customer allowances, bad debt, monthly accruals and reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable: Responsible for ensuring vendor invoices are processed with proper approvals and recorded to appropriate general ledger accounts and maintaining accurate fixed asset records. This includes calculating and adjusting monthly A/P accruals and recurring journal entries, monthly reports and reconciliations. Additional A/P duties include review and approval of monthly expense reports, preparation of various tax filings including Sales & Use Tax, Canadian GST and 1099 forms.
- Inventory: Responsible for accurate item setup, costing and overall inventory valuation. This includes calculating and adjusting reserves for obsolete inventory and monthly reports and reconciliations.
- Additional duties include preparation and recording of journal entries, year-end audit/tax schedules and reconciliation of ERP system data to Business Intelligence Software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Competitive salary and benefits including a fully funded Tuition Program, immediate eligibility in 401K Savings Plan & Match, Medical & Dental/Vision Insurance, weekly Dependent Care Reimbursement, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, on-site Café & Fitness Center and free family fitness memberships.
For more information, or to apply visit jobs.littletrees.com