Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work - Monday - Friday; 40 hours per week. This position can be located in Jefferson or St. Lawrence County.
Qualifications - Two year degree in business or accounting; 1-3 years of experience with billing systems preferred, experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and other software; good organization and communication skills.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance - Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Summary/Objective - This position is responsible for all Medicaid billing using Therap for both counties; also responsible for billing New York State and County contracts for both counties; other accounting duties as assigned
Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Prepare and transmit Medicaid billing monthly for all programs:
- Run utilization reports from Therap
- Generate claims from Therap.
- Send claims to Medicaid for payment.
- Run an aging report from Therap and compare to utilization report, making adjustments as needed.
- The aging report is given to A/R for invoicing.
- Reconcile payments to invoicing as needed.
- Maintain rate updates.
- Prepare quarterly New York State and County Contracts
- Review the contracts for billing instructions
- Receive billing information from other accounting staff
- Prepare vouchers for CFO/CEO approval and signature
- County contracts preparation of work papers and vouchers
- Prepare monthly Article 16 Clinic Invoices
- Reporting & Other Duties: As assigned
- Provide back-up to Accounting staff, as requested.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Supervisory Responsibility - None.
Work Environment -This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Other Duties - This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.