Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: 40 hours per week; flexible to the needs of the department
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field; Minimum 3 years of accounting experience and at least 1 year of supervisory experience required. Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Summary/Objective: Support the CFO in the oversight authority of all accounting and financial operations following the guidelines of the agency's business office, Policies and Procedures Manual.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Provide financial analysis of program performance.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Accounting department.
- Responsible for updating job descriptions and annual evaluations for the following Jefferson County staff:
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Financial Accountant
- Associate Accountant Personal Allowance & Benefits Specialist
- Payroll Clerk
- Associate Accountant
- Associate Accountant Billing Specialist
- NetSuite Accounting Software
- Evaluate, modify and implement internal workflows
- Approve Journal Entries
- Approve POs
- Period end close
- Maintain System Users/Employee Roles
- Physical Inventory
- Perform physical inventory at the workshop
- Review, verify, reconcile physical inventory for all inventory locations
- Work with Purchasing & Workshop staff to reconcile differences between physical counts and system counts
- Agency Financial Reporting
- Consolidated Budget Report (CBR)
- Consolidated Quarterly Report (CQR)
- Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR)
- Quarterly Sales Tax Report
- Coordinate Annual Agency Audit
- Assign audit requests and tasks to appropriate accounting staff
- Respond to auditor requests
- Fiscal Intermediary
- Coordinate FI billing and reimbursements between the FI and Accounting Departments
- Cover duties and responsibilities in the absence of the CFO
- Other Responsibilities:
- Petty Cash Custodian
- W-2, 1099 and 941 Reporting reconciliation between payroll system and general ledger
- General research as requested
- Represent the Agency at conferences as assigned
- Review, approve and sign personal allowance checks
- Review and approve vendor invoices and support prior to processing
- Review and approve vendor check payments
- Review overdue accounts receivable in conjunction with the Senior Financial Accountant and Associate Accountant A/R & Cash Receipts
- Daily banking approve ACH exceptions, provide incoming & outgoing ACH transaction details to the appropriate accounting staff
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
Supervisory Responsibility: Responsible for the oversite of all accounting staff in Jefferson County.
Work Environment: This position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines, etc. Also involves some travel and engagement in the community.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
Salary Range- $72,500.00 - $81,925.00 Salary/year