POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Flexible to the needs of the department
QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field; 1-3 years of prior experience in similar setting with comparable exposure; expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; good analytical, organizational and communicative skills.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible for the general ledger system. Responsible for quarterly fiscal reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Add accounts, departments, locations as needed
- Monthly journal entry preparation and input
- Account Reconciliations
- Preparation and distribution of the following:
- Agency balance sheet
- Income statements to include departmental, site and consolidated
- Agency financial reporting
- Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR)
- Annual Contract/Budget-Family Support Services
- MWBE reporting.
- Audit related duties:
- Assist with prelim audit requests and transaction testing
- Prepare year end audit schedules as required
- Monitor income and expense accounts:
- Assist management team with questions involving monthly financial statements
- Coordinate physical inventory at Production Unlimited.
- Review and investigate variances between financial reporting systems and all physical counts for all inventories: UPS, Production Unlimited and bulk
- Prepare detail summary of workshop inventories
- UPS Stores
- Review and record activity
- Submit quarterly reports
- Act as department supervisor in the absence of the Chief Financial Officer, Controller and Senior Financial Accountant.
- Provide back-up for positions in the department as needed.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – None.
TRAVEL - Travel within Jefferson County as needed to complete job requirements and travel outside of Jefferson County for professional trainings and other job requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT – The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence has and will continue to provide all employees and applicants’ equal opportunity in the manner provided by law in all aspects of employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, or marital status. These individuals will be recruited, referred for hiring consideration, and employed with regard to the positive and appropriate utilization of their skills and capabilities. Qualified employees will be afforded non-discriminatory consideration for promotion and job advancement, and there will be no discrimination with regard to assignments, rates of pay, promotions, transfers, training, termination, accessibility, working conditions, and benefits.