POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Flexible to the needs of the Program.
QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field with three (3) years’ experience working with the ID/DD/MH population and one to three (1-3) years of supervisory experience. Valid New York State Driver’s License required.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS – None required for this position.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - To oversee the Community Based Employment Programs (which includes Community Prevocational Services) in both Jefferson and St. Lawrence County.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the following departments: Community Based Employment- Jefferson, Community Based Employment- St. Lawrence, Jefferson Community Prevocational Services, and St. Law Community Prevocational Services.
- Supervise the Coordinator of Community Based Employment- Jefferson, Coordinator of Community Based Employment- St. Lawrence, Community Prevocational Services Supervisor - Jefferson, and Community Prevocational Services Supervisor - St. Lawrence.
- Supervision of the Vocational Contracts Counselor, Job Development & Vocational Rehabilitation Services Coordinator- Jefferson, Job Development & Vocational Rehabilitation Services Coordinator- St. Lawrence.
- Assist the Director of Vocational Services in the efficient and cost effective operation of all work Community Based Employment Programs.
- Manage and drive growth of all to maximize Community Based Employment services for the People We Support.
- Ensure accurate and prompt billing for all department services.
- Ensure and monitor effective employment services for ACCES-VR, OPWDD, PATHWAY, ETP, and Community Mental Health Programs.
- Ensure employment program criteria, outcomes, stakeholder satisfaction and regulation requirements for the Career Connections and Career Opportunities Programs.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all governing agencies as it pertains to audits and/or program reviews.
- Monitor and report on departments monthly financial statements.
- Represent the Agency in the community as requested.
- Oversite and implementation of the HARP program.
- Maintain visibility in the community through participation on community boards related to employment.
- Complete annual performance evaluations. Ensure that Corrective Actions are completed as needed.
- Monitor general maintenance and ensure small repairs to all equipment and vehicles.
- Participate in management meetings as a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Vocational Services.
- Ethical Conduct.?
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Financial Management.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - This position will supervise the following: Coordinator of Career Connections, Coordinator of Career Opportunities, Supervisors of Community Prevocational Services, Job Development & Vocational Rehabilitation Services Coordinator for both Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties, Vocational Contracts Coordinator, and the Bradley Street Administrative Assistant.
TRAVEL - Travel is expected for this position. Regular travel in Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.