The Contracting Associate will be responsible for the daily input, verification, and collection of data effecting both our supplier and end-user-based clienteles. They will work within numerous diverse systems to ensure that we are delivering accurate and consistent information to all effected parties, resulting in optimal performance numbers and accurate margin review.
Essential Job Functions:
- Extensive use of multiple software systems requiring accurate data entry.
- Maintain acknowledge of margin calculation methods as well as the ability to implement them within our various systems.
- Maintain complex pricing structures for all products and customer types, some in accordance with specific supplier and end user contracts.
- Regular performance of metric conversions as pertaining to pricing and distribution units.
- Extensive use of Excel to create and run reports to gather/sort data, and to create audit tools to ensure proper set up of bids and allowances.
- Perform the collection and inputting of various vendor deviation and rebate programs, primarily sales based.
- Assist in the timely resolutions to any invoice and/or payment discrepancies including on-going communication internally.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of new and improved procedures using technology to help streamline current operations and increase overall efficiency.
- Maintain communication and teamwork with all other company departments to ensure overall success of the company’s strategies.
- Accountable for prioritizing of work and meeting deadlines on multiple simultaneous project requirements.
- High level of professionalism through telephone and email interface with co-workers, management and vendors.
- Set, track, and analyze individual goals and objectives.
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to printing, photo copying, faxing, mailing, filing, and distributing necessary items.
- Stay up to date on industry knowledge, technology, and communication tools.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Finance or a related field and one to two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Demonstrate the ability to think analytically
- Must be able to work in a fast- paced and changing environment, while multi-tasking and ensuring close attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to ensure high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel, with the ability to quickly learn other software applications. Nearly all essential job functions are performed on a computer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a group, maintaining objectivity, openness to others views as well as giving and welcoming feedback.
- Excellent and efficient problem solving skills both in an individual and group setting.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in the work load, and environment to include but not limited to changing approaches, methods, procedures, and deadlines. As well as ability to work longer hours if necessary to reach goals, or make deadlines.
- Initiative to self develop, ask for and offer help, and look for ways to improve and promote quality within the role.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.