Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with people with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply!
We are hiring a Contracts Vocational Coordinator to support staff with disabilities on our Federal Contracts to successfully maintain employment and enhance job skills. Hours are flexible to the needs of the program, may include evening and weekend hours.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required. One year experience working with the Developmentally Disabled population or in a vocational setting preferred. Valid acceptable NYS Driver’s License. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Essential Functions of this position: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete all Individual Eligibility Evaluations for every staff with disabilities on all of our Federal Contracts, Supported Employment programs, and other vocational programs as needed.
- Outreach to other service providers to recruit staff with disabilities to our Federal Contracts.
- Assist staff with job bids, Fort Drum ID issuance/renewal, direct deposit forms, and other general administrative tasks that our employees require assistance with.
- Assist staff with periodic and annual onsite training.
- Assist with training on job tasks for Staff with Disabilities and/or People We Support.
- Provide emergency or required transportation to non-programmatic related meetings.
- Assist the federal contracts through interaction with Supported Employment, Human Resources, and other departments on day to day basis
- Employee relations, such as sitting in on corrective actions and aiding in execution of performance improvement plans.
- On site observations, required communications with supervisors and/or project managers.
Travel will be required in and around Jefferson County and St. Lawrence County for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran