The Compliance Team is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, career minded individual to join a team of professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our members, their families, and our communities.
- Role blends administrative, operational and compliance responsibilities, which requires a proactive approach within a highly confidential and professional environment.
- Ensures the Credit Union is in compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations, creating organization-wide awareness of changing laws and procedures, and balancing risk with safe and sound banking practices by:
- Coordinating, monitoring, and overseeing day-to-day compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act including money laundering compliance and the Red Flag program. Provides weekly and/or monthly reports to Supervisory Committee, Board, and organization.
- Analyzing new and pending laws and regulations which will affect the Credit Union's operations and Compliance Program.
- Assisting management in developing policies and procedures for compliance issues.
- Representing Northern as the SAFE Act administrator.
- Reviewing and approving Marketing Advertisements/Product sheets as needed.
- Assisting with internal and external audits and exams, ensuring all requested documentation is provided timely and accurately.
- Supporting the Vendor Management Program.
- Supporting the Abandoned Property program to ensure the collection of funds, remittance, and reporting process to state agencies.
- Collaborating with the Training and Development Team and other department leaders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. This includes onboarding, annual, and ongoing training for internal owners and volunteers.
- Takes a proactive approach with providing exceptional service and demonstrating a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This is demonstrated through the support provided with all aspects of: reports and packets for Board and Supervisory Committee, administration of Board portal, onboarding of new volunteers, and senior team projects.
- Provides confidential administrative assistance including mail responsibilities, travel arrangements, and supply ordering.
Northern Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer