While exhibiting Humble, Hungry, and People Smart Virtues, the Home Lending Professional is responsible for generating and increasing the mortgage loan portfolio by developing business contacts within the community, specifically the real estate community. A Home Lending Professional builds viable business partnerships by exercising initiative in proactively making sales visits and calls to prospective members, realtor brokers and a host of other, applicable mortgage industry professionals. It’s expected that sixty percent or more of the Home Lending Professional’s time will normally be committed to engaging in external sales activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively serves as a role model and demonstrates individual commitment to Northern’s Ownership philosophy by:
- Exhibiting high energy, a positive attitude, creativity, and passion for member service.
- Maintaining an active, positive, professional image and reputation for Northern in the community while spreading the Ownership philosophy internally and externally.
- Engaging in the recommendation, research, development, and implementation of enhancements to further promote Northern’s Culture and the Standard of Excellence for Member Service.
- Keeping open communication alive by inspiring owner participation on teams, listening to owner ideas, holding meetings, and publishing regular announcements.
- Solicit and generate residential mortgages with an entrepreneurial sense by developing and maintaining relationships through various sources.
- Realtors offices and open-houses
- Builders offices and building sites
- Mortgage industry professionals
- Past borrowers
- Other non-traditional sources
- Constantly and consistently provide realtors and builders with one-on-one or group presentations and education on:
- Mortgage programs
- Provide exceptional member service by identifying appropriate mortgage loan programs to meet borrower needs.
- Maintain an active relationship with mortgage borrowers through the application process, with consistent follow-up.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals through all channels.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by making sales calls to prospective borrowers to build a solid book of business.
- Actively participate in and assist with Credit Union seminars and community events.
- Work with AVP of Residential Lending to maintain an open and active relationship with the Credit Union’s third-party mortgage partner(s).
- Proactively cross-sells all Credit Union products and services to qualified members and potential members and refer to the appropriate employees as necessary.
Other Job Functions:
- Flexible hours including evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays as necessary to meet established goals.
- Stays informed and up to date of local, regional, and national market to enhance the Credit Union’s Mortgage programs.
- Product enhancements
- Pricing changes
- Delivery options
- Work with AVP of Residential Lending in coordinating efforts with the Marketing on implementing special product promotions in order to maximize return on investment.
- Promotes teamwork within the Credit Union. Actively seeks solutions to issues related to member and staff expectation.
- Keeps informed of changes in credit union regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Identify and participate in educational programs, schools and/or conferences to continually develop a greater knowledge and expertise in mortgage lending and customer service.
- Actively participate in other credit union duties, functions, committees, and events as may be reasonably requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree from accredited college or university; Bachelors preferred.
- Minimum of two years of external mortgage origination experience with a proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding established sales goals.
- NMLS License in New York and vaild Driver's License
- Exceptional member service skills are required: positive solutions focused approach, product and service knowledge, attention to detail, and adherence to operational policies and procedures.
- The incumbent must be a persuasive communicator with excellent command of verbal and written presentations. Clear communication with internal and external members through verbal and written correspondence is required along with the ability to effectively develop and motivate people in one-on-one and in small group situations is essential.
- A significant level of diplomacy is required with a proven ability to work under pressure and remain calm in tense situations with both internal and external customers.
- Proven ability and maturity to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional manner is required.
- Must be a high energy person who is self-motivated and results oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- A full working knowledge and ability to utilize a broad range of PC-based software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite and other internal database programs.
Physical activities and requirements of this position:
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together. Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate office equipment. Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time (almost all office jobs). Working Conditions: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office) Local Travel to Northern Relationship Centers.
Mental activities and requirements of this position:
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with multiple variables. Mathematics Ability: Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission. Markup and selling price; and ratio, proportion, and percentage. Able to perform very simple algebra. Language Ability: Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style. Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations.
$35,000-$65,000 per year, plus commission through onboarding phase, then full commission.