POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK - Hours will vary to include split shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the contract to include added unscheduled shifts and overtime as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred. Previous experience working in a large volume food facility preferred. Valid New York State Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Provide job coaching services to employees with a disability to ensure employees acquire the skills and develop the competencies required to meet contract standards. Promote and sustain employment based on the employee’s interest and skill-set by utilizing intervention techniques including hands-on, task analysis, reasonable accommodations, and other strategies designed to maintain employment. Ensure employees maintain facility cleanliness and sanitation by identifying training needs and requirements of employees, which also consist of ensuring employees follow chemical and safety standards. Conduct specialized training that can be delivered in the form of one-on-one or in a group setting. Provide transportation using an agency vehicle to the employee(s) to the assigned scheduled job site. i.e. Dining Hall 10150
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide on-site job training to ensure cleanliness and sanitation of dining room, including tables, booths, chairs, floors, windows and décor.
- Provide on-site job training to ensure the restocking of the dining room with tableware, glassware, utensils, condiments and tablecloths.
- Provide on-site job training to ensure beverage dispensers and other self-serve appliances are full, clean and operating properly.
- Provide on-site job training to ensure serving lines and fixtures are cleaned to contract standard.
- Provide on-site job training to ensure cleanliness and sanitation of food preparation areas, serving areas, hallways, restrooms, loading docks, and entryways.
- Provide on-site training to ensure dishes, cookware, trays and utensils are washed and sanitized.
- Provide on-site training to ensure employees maintain dishwashing equipment and scullery room in sanitary and efficient manner.
- Provide on-site training to employees who perform operator preventive maintenance of dining facility equipment.
- Provide on-site training to ensure outdoor areas around the dining facility and entrances are clean and free of debris.
- Provide on-site training to ensure removal of snow and ice from entrances and loading docks.
- Monitor and ensure employees maintain personal hygiene and sanitation in accordance with food service regulations.
- Monitor and perform on-going evaluation and assessment of training quality and effectiveness to ensure employees are able to complete the job task in a satisfactory manner.
- Prepare documentation on the employee’s daily activities. Maintain weekly records for accountability of time. Reports employees progress on the monthly form and quarterly Job Factor forms. Prepare Screening/Assessment, Situational Assessment Form, Job Assignment, End of Employment Form, Transportation Form, and all other forms requested.
- Participate in meetings regarding employee as requested by the Dining Facility Project Manager, Employment Specialist and Coordinator of Community Based Employment. If necessary initiate meetings and include or contact other team members.
- Coordinate with the Dining Facility Project Manager to establish a weekly work schedule in support of the employees on the assigned case list.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required agency in-services and Government training.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Exceptional Communication Skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – Although this position requires providing guidance as a Fort Drum Job Coach, this position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL - Travel in and around Jefferson County, specifically Watertown and Fort Drum is expected for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a large volume government food service facility, providing meals to military personnel. Generally, it’s a fast paced environment utilizing food preparation/serving equipment, manual pan washing sinks, industrial dishwasher and various other cleaning/sanitizing equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.