Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work – Up to 40 hours per week, May work weekends and evenings.
Qualifications - Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Management preferred. Minimum of Associate’s Degree. Previous store management experience including personnel and financial management preferred. Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites. Outstanding telephone skills and customer service skills needed. Management/leadership skills and a willingness to accept full accountability for Center Operations. Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Additional Certifications - Notary Public preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Summary/Objective - Manage retail center day to day operations in absence of Multi Center Operations (MCO) Manager. Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with federal/state law and agency policy. Ensure successful operation and sales growth of retail location.
Essential Functions – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Motivate, train and develop all center associates, focusing on excellent customer service, rapport building and sales functions including cross and up-selling.
- Ensure that the center is staffed with a competent team and provide necessary training to perform the job requirements effectively.
- Maintain a high level of orderliness throughout the center through the utilization of example leadership and center associates. Ensure staff maintain a professional, well-groomed appearance.
- Handle customer complaints proactively and tactfully. Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Perform accurately daily close-out procedures, general ledger administration, bank deposits and other accounting functions in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Utilize TUPSS/MBE computer systems efficiently in support of communication, report and other business requirement.
- Assist with any customer associate duties as needed.
- Assist with all other duties assigned by MCO Manager, Administrator of Business Development or Chief Operating Officer.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services and training (WBT, COT with TUPSS).
- Attend regional meetings, summits, seminars and conventions as needed.
- Successfully complete and maintain Notary Certification.
- Complete Quick Books introductory and continued support training successfully.
- Perform all monthly reports as they apply to inventory, royalty, stamp and metered mail.
- Monitor all Mailbox Manager and Access Point transactions
- Strong Communication.
- Ability to Delegate Tasks.
- Ability to Motivate Others.
- Organization and Task Management.
- Team Building.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position is responsible for the oversight of UPS Sales and Customer Service Associates.
Travel – There is limited travel within Jefferson County.
Work Environment - This job operates in a retail sales environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, as well as retail point of sale equipment, postage equipment and weighing devices.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 50 pounds.
Other Duties – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wage Range - $16.86-$19.22/Hour, Based on education and experience