TITLE: Assistant Computer Programmer
LOCATION: Programs for Exceptional Students Department
Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, Watertown Campus
- Operates and manages computer-based student data management systems. Duties include data input, database organization, and management of student scheduling, grade reporting, and attendance records.
- Responsible for generating and reviewing regular required data reports and regular monitoring of the student management system is required to ensure ongoing fidelity of the data and the subsequent reports.
- Provide training for new staff in regards to the school student management systems as well as to develop specialized reports for administration.
- Works closely with the Director of Programs for Exceptional Students, as well as BOCES Data coordinator to meet local and state reporting requirements.
- Creation of monthly enrollment reports for program billing.
- Communication with school district officials regarding student enrollment, billing, and program information. Parent/caregiver mailings and information.
- Management of student diagnostic and learning systems as needed.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college with an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field and two years of experience in computer programming.
Applicant must meet civil service requirements and pass a civil service examination with results being reachable status.
SALARY: Starting Salary of $44,000 - $46,000, commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2021
APPLY BY: April 15, 2021
TO APPLY: Complete the on-line application and apply at https://boces.recruitfront.com/Default
Upload cover letter, resume and transcripts with your on line application.