LOCATION: Sackett Technical Center with initial assignment at
Jefferson Community College Extension Site, Lowville, New York
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a team of educators to provide a program of instruction in operation and maintenance of Heavy Equipment. A project-based learning approach will be key.
- Preparing students for careers and post-secondary education related to Heavy Equipment.
- Integrating 21st Century skills, employability skills, and academic standards with the program and with daily instruction.
- Meeting / planning with local industry advisory committee for continuous improvement of the program
- Preparing students for success on the NCCER and/or other certification exams.
- Candidates possess NYS Certification OR be eligible for a Transitional A Certificate in Vehicle Mechanical Report (Including Heavy Equipment Repair) Grades 7-12.
- Candidates applying for a Transitional A Certificate must possess at least the minimum requirements per NYS Education which is a combination of experience in the field, education, and required workshops and tests.
- Field experience in the operation & maintenance of Heavy Equipment field and eligibility for teaching certificate required.
- Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Career & Technical Education field preferred; teaching experience preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $48,766 - $55,360. Commensurate with certification/experience in keeping with the current negotiated agreement with the BOCES Professional Association. Health insurance which includes vision & prescription coverage, NYS Retirement membership, tax deferred annuities, employee assistance program, and generous sick and personal day policies.
CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2023
TO APPLY: Complete the on-line application and apply at https://boces.recruitfront.com/Default
Upload cover letter, resume and transcripts with your on line application.