POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK - Full-Time; Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm. Must be flexible to the needs of the program, which will may require evenings for various school events or training.
REPORTS TO - Director of Community Supports and Program Development
QUALIFICATIONS - Valid Administrators Certificate as issued by NYSED as a Building Leader or School District Leader, and/or School Administrator. Possess NYS Teaching Certification valid for teaching students with disabilities, birth to grade 2, or certification in early education, or possess certification or licensure in speech-language pathology, psychology, occupational or physical therapy, or another related service. A minimum of two years or equivalent of experience in an early intervention, or early childhood education program serving children ages birth to five years of age, provided that the experience includes direct experience in delivering services to children with disabilities and their families.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS - Administrators Certificate
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE - Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - In conjunction with the Coordinator Childrens Programs insures the adherence to all state, county, and local (School Districts) regulations, policies and procedures including NYSED, NYSDOH, OCFS, and The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence. Conduct observations of Early Education and Special Education Teachers to provide professional feedback and ensure regulatory compliance. Maintain regular contact with Clinical Coordinator to ensure the needs of the students and programs are met as it pertains to clinical services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- In conjunction with the Coordinator of Childrens Programs, directs the planning, development, and execution of all Bright Beginnings programs; Ensuring the childrens needs and services in the least restrictive environment are the priority.
- Provides direct oversight in developing, achieving and maintaining quality Special Education and Early Education programs for the children we serve in the least restrictive environment.
- Ensure compliance with NYSED and DOH guidance and regulations.
- Complete performance evaluations of Early Childhood and Special Education Teachers.
- Will assist in the professional development of all employees with the Bright Beginnings Early Learning Center.
- Serves as the liaison between Bright Beginnings Early Learning Center and all EI Coordinators in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Counties.
- Responsible for the daily operations of Special Education activities and services as executed by Special Education Teachers and Early Education Teachers.
- Maintain records that pertain to the administration of Bright Beginnings programs in accordance with program regulations.
- Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support special education and clinical staff in accomplishing educational goals.
- Facilitates meetings and processes, for the purpose of disseminating information and implementing and maintaining quality Special Education programs.
- Ensure that student progress is evaluated on a systematic basis, and that the findings are used to make special education and therapy programming more effective.
- Provide professional development to the Bright Beginnings Early Learning Center as required by New York State SED.
- Research and recommend ways to expand childrens services.
- Responsible for the oversite of recouping of billing based off denial of claims (to include oversite of Stac process.
- Ensure special education laws established by Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) are implemented and followed during the special education process.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY Special Education, Early Education Teachers, and Early Childhood Case Manager
TRAVEL-Some travel between Jefferson and St. Lawrence may be required
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES -This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran