LOCATION: Alternative Center for Educational Services-Boak Education Center,
Lowville, New York
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a team of educators to provide science instruction in an alternative education environment.
• Develop and present creative lessons for students
• Provide students with a safe, orderly environment that is conducive to teaching and learning.
• Record and report student progress.
• Collaborate with colleagues in special education.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with parents
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess:
• NYS Certification in
o Biology Grades 7-12 or
o Physics Grades 7-12 or
o Chemistry Grade 7-12 or
o Earth Science Grades 7-12
• Knowledge of the NYS Learning Standards and Assessments
• Knowledge of curriculum content and accepted methods of instruction
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $48,766 - $55,360. Commensurate with certification/experience in keeping with the current negotiated agreement with the BOCES Professional Association. Health insurance which includes vision & prescription coverage, NYS Retirement membership, tax deferred annuities, employee assistance program, and generous sick and personal day policies.
Complete the on-line application and apply at https://boces.recruitfront.com/Default
Upload cover letter, resume and transcripts with your on line application.