TITLE: Social Studies Teacher
LOCATION: Lewis County Alternative Education Program
Boak Education Center, Lowville, NY
DUTIES: The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a team of educators to provide social studies instruction in an alternative education environment.
- Develop and present creative lessons for students
- Provide students with a safe, orderly environment that is
- Record and report student progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues in special education.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess:
- NYS Certification – Social Studies 7-12
- Knowledge of the NYS Learning Standards and Assessments
- Knowledge of curriculum content and accepted methods of
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
APPLY BY: September 30, 2021
SALARY: $47,984 - $54,471. Commensurate with experience and in keeping with the negotiated agreement.
TO APPLY: Complete the on-line application and apply at https://boces.recruitfront.com/Default
Upload cover letter, resume and transcripts with your on line application.