TITLE: Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: Lewis County – Glenfield Elementary (Initial Assignment)
- Provide instruction to students with emotional and learning disabilities.
- Provide students with a safe, orderly environment that is
- Record and report student progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues in general education.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents.
QUALIFICATIONS: NYS Teacher Certification, Students with Disabilities 1-6 or Special
- Knowledge of the NYS Learning Standards and Assessments
- Knowledge of curriculum content and accepted methods of
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
SALARY: $46,360 – $52,760. Commensurate with certification/experience in keeping with the current negotiated agreement with the BOCES Professional Association.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
CLOSING DATE: February 29, 2020
TO APPLY: Complete the on-line application and apply at https://boces.recruitfront.com/Default
Upload cover letter, resume and transcripts with your on line application.
The Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES (Jefferson-Lewis BOCES) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle complaints/inquiries regarding the BOCES non-discrimination policies: Dominic S. D’Imperio, Esq., Title IX Officer, Director, Employer-Employee Relations, at Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, 20104 State Route 3, Watertown, NY 13601, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at (315) 779-7047. For further information on this notice of non-discrimination visit: http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481. Please note that those wishing to file a complaint may also do so through the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights at http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/qa-complaints.html.