TITLE: Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: ACES Program – Boak Educational Center, Lowville, New York
- Provide specialized instruction to students with disabilities.
- Develop individualized student supports based upon student performance data and individualized education plans.
- Record and report student progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues in general education and provide resources to meet student learning needs
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess:
- NYS Teacher Certification- Students with Disabilities Generalist 5-9 or Students with Disabilities 7-12 or Special Education K-12
- Knowledge of NYS Curriculum and Assessments
- Knowledge of curriculum content and accepted methods of
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
SALARY: $47,330 – $53,730. Commensurate with certification/experience in keeping with the current negotiated agreement with the BOCES Professional Association.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2021
TO APPLY: Complete the on-line application and apply at https://boces.recruitfront.com/Default
Upload cover letter, resume and transcripts with your on line application.