Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work - Flexible to the needs of the program.
Qualifications - Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Human Services or related field preferred. One – two years’ experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. NYS valid/ acceptable Driver’s License required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Summary/Objective - Provide counseling interventions as needed to all People We Support in the Career Connection program. Develop Vocational Plans for OPWDD services to include: SEMP, Pathway, and ETP. Complete the NYESS Data Entry for all programs as needed.
Essential Functions –
- Monitor and track all referrals within OPWDD guidelines.
- Conduct intakes along with Employment Specialists for individuals.
- Provide case file reviews, satisfaction surveys, referrals and other internal documentation.
- Review all daily and monthly notes for waiver and non-waiver services.
- Participate in team meetings as scheduled.
- Review and approve monthly billable services.
- Complete all admission and discharge documentation for all OPWDD individuals.
- Provide classroom activities to individuals in OPWDD contracts.
- Provide guidance to Occupational Trainers on service delivery and documentation.
- Provide Benefits advisement to referred individuals.
- Participate in on-going rotation for investigations of Reportable Incidents and Allegations of Abuse.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
Supervisory Responsibility - None
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
Other Duties – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
Wage Range - $20.94-$23.87/ Hour, based on education and experience