The Structural Engineer plans, designs, and oversees construction and maintenance of structures and facilities for various types of renovation and new construction projects in markets such as residential, commercial, mixed-use, government, municipal, health care, manufacturing, education, and others. Must be capable of performing routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, design components or portions of systems, and be able to modify existing designs to develop and improve them.
- Design and develop structural plans and construction documents.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with various types of construction projects.
- Complete forensic investigation, calculations, and preparation of original rough layouts and sketches.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications.
- Provide technical advice to owners, and industrial or construction personnel regarding design, construction, program modifications, or structural repairs.
- Manage and direct the construction, operations, or maintenance activities at project sites.
- QA/QC for design plans and coordination with architectural and civil design plans.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering and a PE Certificate desired.
- 3-5 years of full-time professional experience working with structures and buildings a plus.
- Experience with modern construction practices, facility assessments, construction inspections, project scope development, and cost estimating.
- Working knowledge of International Building Code (IBC), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other governmental regulatory compliance.
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD and/or Revit, and RISA 3D required.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Salary and benefits are competitive with firms in the area and will be dependent upon education, experience, and qualifications. Benefits offered include company-sponsored 401K Plan, Group Medical Insurance, paid time off, and Profit-Sharing.
Please send resume and cover letter summarizing qualifications to Aubertine and Currier Architects, Engineers, & Land Surveyors, Attention: Annette Mason, PE, 522 Bradley Street, Watertown, NY 13601
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com