POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Hours may vary and include evenings, nights, and/or weekends. Salary based on a minimum 40 hour work week. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the Custodial Contract. Duty hours will be primarily nights.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School diploma and three (3) years relevant work experience. Supervisory experience required. Minimum one (1) year working with the developmentally disabled preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Must be knowledgeable of cleaning supplies/ chemicals and their Material Safety Data Sheets. Must be knowledgeable of the maintenance and features of light and heavy custodial equipment; must possess a valid/acceptable NYS Driver’s License. Will need to provide motivation, leadership, and supervision to the Custodial Services Department. Must be willing to train staff and/or people with disabilities. Must undergo criminal background check.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
- Maintain cleaning standards/specifications according to the Fort Drum Custodial Contract and ensure that Quality Assurance is maintained at all times. Conduct site visits on a regular basis.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all staff as required and maintain all necessary records, ie. payroll .
- Order and monitor the use of supplies and equipment, as well as train staff on their proper use. Will maintain a preventative maintenance program for equipment as well as an inventory system for both equipment and supplies.
- Will support the Agency’s values by working with measurable signs of PRIDE.
- Attend training seminars as required.
- Responsible for orientation, training, and performance appraisals of staff.
- Insure that cleaning standards/specifications and time studies are maintained.
- Assist in operation of custodial equipment and the cleaning of areas as necessary.
- Act as liaison between government officials and The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence
- Supervise compliance with the Safety Program.
- Assist with planning and monitoring the completion of all periodic work to be completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, as well as operating procedures at Ft. Drum.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Work independently
- Operate various cleaning machines
- Communication with Management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – Assist in the management/oversight of the Custodial Service contract with the Federal Government. Ensure task and employee performance meet or exceed the Performance Work Standards. Assist in a variety of employee relations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – This job operates in a professional office environment and warehouse facilities. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran