**As an organization that provides services to the disabled; our first priority in filling these positions will be to staff the project with individuals who have physical, intellectual or psychological disabilities.**
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Up to 40 hours per week when required. Flexible to the needs of the program. Includes days, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - One to two years janitorial experience required. At least one year supervisor experience preferred, yet not required. Must possess and maintain a valid/acceptable driver’s license at all times. Must undergo a criminal background check. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Must be capable of moving up and down stairs without difficulty, capable of working on your feet for prolonged periods of time. Able to understand and translate labels and instructions on chemicals, equipment, and Safety Data (SDS) Sheets. Must be knowledgeable of use and maintenance of both light and heavy custodial equipment. Experience with individuals with disabilities preferred.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS – None
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
- Will assist with preparing and documenting performance counseling and training, programs for staff and people we support in all phases of custodial.
- Will forward supply and equipment needs to immediate supervisor and monitor the usage of supplies and equipment at assigned work sites.
- Provide leadership by example to the employees at this site by being punctual, have excellent communications skills, exceptional attendance record and provide detailed accurate documentation of incidents, training, etc.
- Will assist in the operation of custodial equipment and cleaning of areas.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of performing cleaning such as, but not limited to:
- use of high and low speed floor maintenance equipment
- carpet cleaning equipment
- trash removal
- sweeping, dust mopping
- wet mopping
- disinfectant cleaning of restrooms
- stripping and waxing operations of rubber, vinyl, quarry and ceramic tile
- window washing
- Perform or ensure that a daily safety inspection of your site(s) is conducted to minimize and address any possible safety hazards, and to ensure all equipment is being utilized safely and properly.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required
- Adhere to all Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Will comply with CQL, Justice Center, HIPAA and Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Support the goals, objectives, and philosophy of the agency.
- Will support the Agency’s values by working with measurable signs of PRIDE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Work independently
- Operate various cleaning machines
- Communication with Management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - Will serve as site supervisor and coordinate all custodial work during Project Manager’s absence and perform needed cleaning, employee and staff training, and other duties as business dictates. Will train and supervise staff and people we support on designated worksite.
TRAVEL - No travel is expected for this position. Must provide own transportation to and from worksite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This position operates in all areas of the facility including, but not limited to, administration area, warehouse areas, customer service area, and restrooms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT – The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence has and will continue to provide all employees and applicants’ equal opportunity in the manner provided by law in all aspects of employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, or marital status. These individuals will be recruited, referred for hiring consideration, and employed with regard to the positive and appropriate utilization of their skills and capabilities. Qualified employees will be afforded non-discriminatory consideration for promotion and job advancement, and there will be no discrimination with regard to assignments, rates of pay, promotions, transfers, training, termination, accessibility, working conditions, and benefits.