In compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence is adopting the policy that all employees on Federal Contracts or associated with Federal Contracts must be vaccinated or in process of being vaccinated prior to beginning work. Only where there is a bonafide need for a medical accommodation or a sincerely held religious belief will there be an exemption made as long as such an accommodation does not pose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
We are looking for a dynamic, detail oriented professional on our Custodial Contract on Fort Drum. This position would implement and manage the Agency’s Federal Custodial Contract Quality Control Program, including coordination, performance and execution of custodial and recycling inspections for the contract. Assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds the contractual requirements and maintains the standard of excellence established by the Performance Work Statement (PWS). General knowledge of government regulations, forms and operating procedures regarding quality control. Knowledge of administration, customer service and quality control methodologies associated with custodial operations and best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelor’s degree preferred with one to two years management experience or Associates degree with two to three years of management experience or high school diploma/GED with three to five years of management experience required. Minimum one to three years of Quality Control experience and one year custodial experience. Minimum one year experience working with developmentally disabled preferred and/or other disabilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding organizational skills. Computer skills necessary, especially MS Excel and Office Suite products. Experience in filing, posting and record keeping. General knowledge of government regulations, forms and operating procedures regarding quality control is desirable. Must be able to work on feet for an extended period of time Valid New York State Driver’s License. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Work hours as required by the contract. Hours may include evenings, nights, and or weekends.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise a team of quality control inspectors and a Quality Control Assistant Manager relating to aspects of customer service and accuracy of the overall Agency’s Federal custodial operations contract to ensure quality performance is met in accordance with the contracts Performance Requirements Summary (PRS) and Quality Control Plan (QCP). Schedules work assignments and assists in setting priorities.
- Develop, manage and update (as needed) the Quality Control Plan (QCP) for the measurement and inspection of deliverable services (methods such as random sampling, 100% sampling and planned sampling).
- QMonitor activities and work closely with Quality Control Inspectors (QCI) and custodial personnel to reduce deficiencies and improve quality through analysis and correction of defect causes. Identify areas of improvement (i.e., determine if cleaning methods should be changed, equipment is needed and/or staff training is required). Ensure efficient and effective operations of custodial staff. May be required to communicate and meet with Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to ensure customer satisfaction is met.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with Project Manager and QCI to discuss inspection results, measurement criteria and evaluate services being performed.
- Perform duties without direct supervision.
- Maintain files of documents used and prepared to include all supporting documentation.
- Document and monitor activities of custodial inspections. Prepare/ review quality control reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual), which identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations on changes in workflow and /or processes. Reports will be submitted in a timely manner to Project Manager and COR.
- Assist the Project Manager in the direction of and assist in training of custodial personnel. Develop or identify specific training programs for QCI.
- Perform or ensure that a daily safety inspection of your site(s) is conducted to minimize and address any possible safety hazards and to ensure all equipment is being utilized safely and properly.
- Complete annual performance evaluations of QCI. Ensure that Corrective Actions are completed as needed. Provide input as needed on custodial employees for performance evaluations as requested.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – Manage the Quality Control Program to ensure that the Custodial Contract is meeting performance requirements established in the Performance Work Statement.
TRAVEL – Travel around Fort Drum to buildings that are serviced in the Custodial Contract.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
OTHER DUTIES – This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Rate of pay is $19.79 per hour plus $4.27 H & W add on per hour.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran