Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work - PT up to 30 hours per week, including some holiday work, depending on needs related to the contract. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday; 4:30pm-10:30pm.
Qualifications - Associates Degree or High School Diploma, and one-year relevant work experience preferred. Must be knowledgeable and capable of performing cleaning and disinfecting. Must be willing to supervise and train custodial staff and/or people with disabilities. A valid New York State Driver’s License is required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance - Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background and Federal clearances.
Summary/Objective - Responsible for the overall supervision and cleaning performance of a custodial contract.
Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and develop task schedules for workers engaged in custodial services.
- Provide model quality cleaning standards, and assist in cleaning as needed.
- Maintain cleaning standards following the contract SOW.
- Work with the QC Manager to ensure MSDS books, supplies and equipment are properly operated, stocked, and maintained.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment within a specified budget.
- Maintain the safety program, and ensure that training requirements are met for all staff.
- Plan and monitor the completion of all periodic work.
- Assist in conducting performance reviews, motivating team members and creating strategies to boost productivity.
- Address work quality issues and other concerns in an effective, timely manner.
- Provide leadership by example i.e. being punctual and exceptional attendance records.
- Provide detailed documentation of incidents or contract issues.
- Communicate with Quality Control Manager and Contracts Manager on a regular basis.
- Adhere to all Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Support the goals, objectives, and philosophy of the agency.
- Will comply with CQL, Justice Center, HIPAA and Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct/ Professionalism
- Time Management/ Organizational Skills/Detail Oriented
- Communication Skills
- Ability to Work Independently
Supervisory Responsibility - Provide supervision and guidance to the employees at this work site.
Travel - Must provide own transportation to and from worksite.
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional agency building site at The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence in Watertown, NY.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
Other Duties - This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
Wage Range - $16.50-$18.81/Hour, Based on education and experience