In accordance with Source America, The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence invites applications from people that have documented disabilities that would inhibit their ability to obtain and maintain normal competitive employment. It is a primary purpose of these contracts to provide opportunities to people with disabilities.
We are searching for professional Shift Supervisors on our Fort Drum Dining Contract. The working supervisor ensures Food Service Workers tasks are completed on time and to the standards specified in the Performance Work Statement (PWS). Responsible for replenishment of tableware and dining table items. Ensures all portions of the dining facility, including serving and dining areas, furniture, equipment, fixtures and utensils are cleaned and sanitized.
Hours will vary and include evenings, weekends and holidays. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the contract to include added unscheduled shifts and overtime as needed.
High School Diploma or GED required. One to three years’ experience working in a large volume food facility preferred. Minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred. Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods up to two hours, and bend, lift, and stoop. Must have the ability to lift and carry bus tubs, trays, and other objects weighing up to 30 lbs. or more. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Working supervisor who ensures Food Service Workers tasks are completed on time and to the standards specified in the Performance Work Statement (PWS). Responsible for replenishment of tableware and dining table items. Ensures all portions of the dining facility, including serving and dining areas, furniture, equipment, fixtures and utensils are cleaned and sanitized.
Essential Functions Include: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of dining room, including tables, booths, chairs, floors, windows and décor.
- Restock dining room with tableware, glassware, utensils, condiments and tablecloths.
- Clean and maintain beverage dispensers and other self-service appliances to ensure that they are full, clean and operate properly.
- Clean serving lines and fixtures.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of food preparation areas, serving areas, hallways, restrooms, loading docks, and entryways.
- Wash and sanitize dishes, cookware, trays and utensils.
- Maintain dishwashing equipment and scullery room in sanitary and efficient manner.
- Perform operator preventive maintenance of dining facility equipment.
- Clean outdoor areas around dining facility entrances, including snow and ice from entrances and loading docks.
- Supervise the work of Food Service Workers. Assist in scheduling, training, motivation of personnel. Provide input to performance evaluations.
- Be familiar with the PWS and ensure that work is performed according to its standards.
- Communicate daily and effectively with dining facility and contract staff and management.
- Be prepared to address issues with dining facility mangers or contracting representatives.
- Perform or ensure that a daily safety inspection of your site(s) is conducted to minimize and address any possible safety hazards, and to ensure all equipment is being utilized safely and properly.
Working supervisor who works with Food Service Worker and leads a shift to accomplish all tasks outlined in the PWS and ensures contract requirements are met to standard.
Must provide own transportation to and from the work sites.
This job operates in a large volume government food service facility, providing meals to military personnel. Generally, it’s a fast paced environment utilizing food preparation/serving equipment, manual pan washing sinks, industrial dishwasher and various other cleaning/sanitizing equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
The hourly rate for this position is $16.32 per hour plus $4.27 add on per hour.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.