POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Flexible to the needs of the program, may include evening and weekend hours.
QUALIFICATIONS - Associates Degree in Graphic Design and/or Visual Communications Field with minimum two years graphic design, marketing, printing and/or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. One year experience working with the Developmentally Disabled population or in a vocational setting preferred. Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Photoshop and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required. Strong communication (verbal and written), editing and project management skills. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Previous retail or sales experience preferred. Valid New York State Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Plan, schedule and implement graphic design projects for Production Unlimited’s clients. Design, edit and refine graphic content for various types of digital, printed and sublimated media and products. Ensure client satisfaction. Operate and expand personalized products including sublimation and direct to substrate printing. Operate print shop including ordering supplies, production and packaging. Collaborate with UPS Store as needed. Market graphic design, media, print and personalized product capabilities of Production Unlimited with business development staff as needed. Generate some leads and sales of personalized products and print work. Maintain customer satisfaction with all work produced. Supervise production workers and persons we support assigned to department as needed. Provide feedback to Production Supervisors. Develop and update as necessary pricing for printing and product personalization work. Develop and maintain Production Unlimited’s business to business website and related social media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop digital and print media and production personalization programs to market to potential new customers. Maintain and support digital and print media needs of existing clients. Ensure customer satisfaction with all work produced.
- Review design drafts, proof camera-ready art and ensure proper pagination and color assignment. Coordinate production of print and product personalization work at Production Unlimited. Develop production schedule for related production with Production Coordinator. Ensure production goals are met timely and accurately.
- Operate sublimation equipment, direct to substrate printer, digital printer and other related equipment to produce work ordered by customers. Maintain equipment in the area to ensure it is safe and in good working order.
- Maintain orders including production, folding/sealing, boxing and shipping of media, print and personalized products. Use agency business production system to track orders. Ensure that final product is accurate and delivered in timely manner.
- Maintain quality control during all phases of production on all contracts and orders ensuring accuracy and quality of finished production of orders.
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and supplies in work areas. Coordinate orders of raw materials and supplies with Production Coordinator and/or Administrator of Vocational Services.
- Setup and distribute workload each morning for assigned production workers or persons we support. Train as needed.
- Provide to appropriate Production Supervisor any required info for documentation (into Therap and for daily pay sheets) on a daily basis for persons we support.
- Complete incident reports on an as needed basis. Report untoward behavior episodes and/or incidents to professional staff.
- Maintain awareness of all safety procedures and ensure their use. Conduct daily safety inspection of assigned area to minimize and address any possible safety hazards and to ensure all equipment is utilized safely and properly.
- Maintain professionalism with each interaction with clients and prospective customers.
- Stay current with latest retail, advertising, style and graphic trends including system technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Keen Attention to Detail
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - None
TRAVEL – Some, for trainings or expos. Also based on customer needs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 50 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran.
In compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence is adopting the policy that all employees on Federal Contracts or associated with Federal Contracts must be vaccinated or in process of being vaccinated prior to beginning work. Only where there is a bonafide need for a medical accommodation or a sincerely held religious belief will there be an exemption made as long as such an accommodation does not pose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.