Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with adults with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our vision, we encourage you to apply!
We’re looking for an Activity Coordinator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an optimistic attitude. To be successful in this position, candidates should be well organized while paying attention to detail, ensuring individual plans are developed and implemented to address specific needs. Most importantly, the Activity Coordinator should have a genuine desire to coach the people we support through positive and encouraging interactions.
- Develop and implement varied recreational activities in the community and at agency locations, to include day and residential sites, for the People We Support.
- Develop weekly activity schedules of what is occurring in the community for staff to assist those we support in selecting activities to participate in or attend.
- Develop fitness activities for those we support and facilitate involvement as well as engage people in community based programs that promote healthy lifestyles.
- Promote engagement in the arts to include music, painting and other media forms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and one (1) year experience working with the developmentally disabled; or Associates Degree in Human Services or related field and two (2) years’ experience working with developmentally disabled individuals; or High School Diploma or equivalency with five (5) years’ experience working with developmentally disabled individuals.
- Experience in recreation, fitness and/or activity planning preferred.
- Must have valid/acceptable NYS driver’s license.
Hours will vary and include evenings and weekends. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the program, up to 40 hours per week.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an equal opportunity employer: disabled/veteran