Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with people with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply!
We are hiring for Assistant Residential Managers to assist in the coordination of the people we support’s total residential and habilitative program, stressing independence, inclusion, individualization and productivity. Full time positions 40 hours, flexible to the needs of the residential program. There is a minimum of thirty (30) contact hours per week and twenty four (24) weekend hours per month, or in certain instances, sixty (60) contact hours in a bi-week.
Qualifications: Associates Degree in Human Services or related field and one (1) year of experience working with the developmentally disabled or High School Diploma or equivalence with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with developmentally disabled and have prior supervisory experience. Must be medication certified or the ability to be medication certified within ninety (90) days. Must have a valid/acceptable NYS driver’s license. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Essential Functions of this position include: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in training and supervision of Direct Support Professionals to ensure staff are competent to provide rehabilitative services.
- Provide assistance, training and supervision for the people we support in the area of self-care, domestic skills, socialization and other designated areas.
- Ensure operation of the residence meets agency policy and procedure and all other governing bodies required.
- Assist the Residential Manager with insuring all programmatic issues and documentation has been completed and filed appropriately and expediently.
- Assist in ensuring the implementation and follow through of all ADL, interpersonal skill training and behavior modification programs for the people we support as directed by the Residential Manager.
- Assist in all documentation, fire drills, and matters concerning the people we support’s programs, site physical plant, household supplies, equipment repair, and personal needs.
Travel is expected for this position, as needed, to locations in Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties to ensure community activities for the people we support, attend outings, appointments and trainings.
This job operates primarily in the home of the people we support and in the community. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as standard household equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Premium Sign On Bonus Program: Effective May 3, 2021 –September 5, 2021
Assistant Residential Manager
- Sign on Bonus of $500 after 3 months and $500 after 6 months of service
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.