POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Primarily 8:00am-4:30pm, but flexible to the needs of the program.
QUALIFICATIONS - Master’s Degree in Human Services, Business or Health related discipline with 2 years’ management experience in an OPWDD, OMH, OCFS, DOH or SED program. OR Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Business or Health related discipline with 3 years’ experience in senior level management in a facility certified by OPWDD, OMH, OCFS, DOH or SED. Additionally, experience preferred in overseeing multiple sites (locations) and managing and implementing budgets.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS – None.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Ensure programmatic adherence to regulations and guidelines pertinent to program implementation, financial issues, protective oversight, and environmental needs. Provide administrative and programmatic supervision to the management directly responsible for the following areas: Bridges Program, Day Habilitation Without Walls, Community Habilitation-R, Family Support Services/Individual Support Services, Community Arts, GOAL, Fiscal Intermediary/Self-Direction. Supervision will involve ensuring all services are consistent with the principles identified by, but not limited to, OPWDD and The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ensure that services provided by the programs under your supervision, adequately meet the physical, social and developmental needs of the People We Support, as well as have adequate protective oversight in place to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Bridges, Day Habilitation Without Walls, Community Habilitation-R, Fiscal Intermediary/Self-Direction, Family Support Services/Individual Support Services and Community Arts Program.
- Continue to implement growth in each program, to include expanding Bridges in Jefferson County and Fiscal Intermediary/Self-Directed services in both counties.
- Monitor contracts for leased spaces and with OPWDD programs for FSS/ISS.
- Visit all locations supervised on a regular basis to monitor that programming is being provided correctly, ensure systems are in place and working to promote quality and high standards and to monitor any plans of corrective action that have been developed per the Division of Quality Improvement or Quality Service visits.
- Serve on programmatic and strategic committees per the discretion of the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for the completion of all program objectives, regulatory compliance, and accreditation standards.
- Participate in scheduled EDD rotation as set forth by the agency.
- Review all OPWDD and Quality Services site visits and program reviews and ensure that Plans of Corrective Action are developed and monitored effectively both for completion and continued application.
- Ensure all job descriptions are accurate, reflective of the positions and are reviewed on an annual basis and updated if deemed necessary.
- Review and monitor financial information for all programs under your supervision on a monthly basis and make necessary changes based on this analysis. Also, develop a budget annually that is reflective of programmatic changes/need and the fiscal environment.
- Work with Human Resources to approve all corrective actions to ensure fair and equitable application of HR policy and procedure by supervisors.
- Perform or ensure that a daily safety inspection of your site(s) is conducted to minimize and address any possible safety hazards, and to ensure all equipment is being utilized safely and properly.
- Will develop and implement a plan to comply with the requirements of the HCBS Waiver and Person Centered Planning regulation, while ensuring meaningful program opportunities.
- Promote Person Centered planning and movement to personal outcome measures as you are involved in the preparation for CQL accreditation.
- Participate in the strategic planning process to promote growth and development.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – Habilitation Program Coordinators for Bridges, DHWOW, CH-R, Fiscal Intermediary Manager and FSS Manager.
TRAVEL – Required to travel between Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties regularly. Additional travel required for trainings and regional or statewide meetings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.