Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with people with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply!
We are hiring for an Occupational Trainer who will provide job coaching services according to the consumer’s individual written plan and in conjunction with the personal plan of the other agency. Promote and sustain competitive employment based on the individual’s vocational goals, interest and skills. Position is full time however, hours will vary and include evenings and weekends. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the program, up to 40 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred. One-two years’ experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Provide job coaching services, including screening assessment, situational assessment and on-site training.
- Utilize intervention techniques including hands-on techniques, task analysis, reasonable accommodation modifications, and other strategies designed for consumers in competitive employment.
- Ensure the consumer is able to complete the job components in a satisfactory manner.
- Interact with the Employment Specialist and Coordinator of Community Based Employment to ensure individual plans are followed and continue to address the needs of the individuals.
- Prepare documentation on the consumer’s daily activities. Maintain weekly records for accountability of time. Reports consumers’ progress on the monthly form and quarterly Job Factor forms. Prepare Screening/Assessment, Situational Assessment Form, Job Assignment, End of Employment Form, Transportation Form, and all other forms requested.
- Interact with employees to ensure consumer’s job performance is maintained and that all issues noted. The issues should be discussed with the Employment Specialist and Coordinator of Community Based Employment.
- Participate in meetings regarding consumers as requested by the Coordinator of Community Based Employment and Employment Specialist. If necessary initiate meetings and include or contact other team members.
- Adhere to the Career Connections Guidelines for interacting with the employers and consumers. Prepare weekly time sheet accounting for services in a minimum of 15 minute intervals. Provide projected schedule to Coordinator of Community Based Employment weekly.
Travel in and around Jefferson County and St. Lawrence County is expected for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment and in the community assisting those on the caseload. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran