POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Hours will vary and include evenings and weekends. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the program, up to 40 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS - Associate’s Degree preferred and one year experience working with the developmentally disabled required. Or, a High School Diploma and three years’ experience working with the developmentally disabled required. Valid New York State Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Provide intensive coaching services by assisting the consumer develop his/her Service Plan. Provide Placement Services, which include Screening and Assessment, Job Development, Situational Assessment and on-site training. Will support the Agency’s values by working with measurable signs of PRIDE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Coordinate with employer’s for placement opportunities.
- Utilize hands-on techniques to work with consumers on work sites.
- Ensure the consumer is able to complete the job components in a satisfactory manner.
- Interact with the Coordinator of Community Based Employment to ensure individual plans are developed and implemented to address the needs of the individuals.
- Oversight of Occupational Trainers providing services to extended OMRDD/OMH.
- Participate in meetings regarding consumers as requested by the Coordinator of Supported Employment and Coordinator of Community Based Employment.
- Adhere to the Career Connection Guidelines for interacting with the employers and consumers.
- Coordinate services with VESID counselor regarding all services on a regular basis.
- Work with consumer’s employer during placement and training to ensure a smooth transition to the worksite.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - None
TRAVEL - Limited to Jefferson County.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT – The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence has and will continue to provide all employees and applicants’ equal opportunity in the manner provided by law in all aspects of employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, or carrier status, or marital status. These individuals will be recruited, referred for hiring consideration, and employed with regard to the positive and appropriate utilization of their skills and capabilities. Qualified employees will be afforded non-discriminatory consideration for promotion and job advancement, and there will be no discrimination with regard to assignments, rates of pay, promotions, transfers, training, termination, accessibility, working conditions, and benefits.