Sign on Bonus- $1000, First installment of $500 paid after 6 months, $500 after 18 months
Position Type/Expected Hours Of Work- 40 hours, flexible to the needs of the residential program. There is a minimum of twenty five (25) contact hours per week and sixteen (16) weekend hours per month, or in certain instances, fifty (50) contact hours in a bi-week.
Qualifications - Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and one (1) year experience working with the developmentally disabled; or Associates Degree in Human Services or related field and two (2) years’ experience working with developmentally disabled individuals with one (1) year being in a supervisory position; or High School Diploma or equivalency with one (1) years’ supervisory experience and must have three (3) year of experience in a program for the developmentally disabled. Must be medication certified or the ability to be medication certified within ninety (90) days. Valid/acceptable NYS driver’s license.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance- Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Summary/Objective - Assist in coordination of the people we support’s total residential program, stressing independence, inclusion, individualization and productivity.
Essential Functions- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide supervision and direction to Direct Support Professionals to ensure the safety and welfare of the people we support.
- Provide training and supervision of Direct Support Professionals to ensure staff are competent to provide rehabilitative services and are meeting the needs of the people we support within the context of set regulations.
- Provide training and supervision for the people we support in the area of self-care, domestic skills, socialization and other designated areas.
- Ensure operation of the residence meets agency policy and procedure and all other governing bodies’ requirements and implement Plans of Corrective Action as developed until completion with monitoring for continued compliance.
- Ensuring all programmatic issues and documentation has been completed and filed appropriately and expediently while adhering accurately to ensure billable to OPWDD.
- Ensure the implementation and follow through of all ADL, interpersonal skill training and behavior modification programs for the people we support.
- Assist in the management of the people we support’s life plans and monitor the plan developed at the annual review.
- Ensure completion of all documentation, fire drills, and matters concerning the people we support’s programs, site physical plant, household supplies, equipment repair, and personal needs.
- Conduct staff meetings, training and other discussion regarding the people we support.
- Other duties as assigned by the Residential Coordinator.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Personal Effectiveness and Credibility
Supervisory Responsibility - Direct Support Professionals
Travel - Travel is routinely expected throughout Jefferson and St Lawrence counties or other areas as deemed appropriate for the needs of the people we support.
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
Other Duties- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
Wage Range- $19.53-$23.64/ Hour, Based on Education and Experience