Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting computer and networking environment. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet, and intranet systems. Network Administrator will provide internal support to employees and customers. Position requires a mix of technical and customer service skills and should be passionate about technology and helping people.
Essential Job Functions:
- Configure, install, and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software across multiple locations.
- Research and recommend approaches for system administration tasks.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Determine network and system requirements and hardware refresh planning.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Perform network address assignment and VLAN configuration
- Assign firewall routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Perform remote/local troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Perform requested administrative documentation support duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or proven equivalent experience as a network administrator.
- Experience managing enterprise level network environment and leading technical teams.
- Solid understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Solid understanding of VLAN, SQL Server, Hyper V, Tomcat, VOIP, SonicWALL. Office 365
- Excellent communication skills, customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Ability to understand and respond to a diverse population