While exhibiting Humble, Hungry and People Smart Virtues, the Digital Engagement Professional is responsible for promoting, educating, researching, growing, and establishing the vision for the Credit Union Digital Banking products and services. This Professional will enhance the overall experience for members and internal owners by exhibiting versatile, professional, and highly engaging attributes as well as a drive to deliver the “WOW” member service experience under moderate supervision of the Marketing Supervisor in support of Northern’s culture, mission, vision, and strategic direction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively serves as a role model and demonstrates individual commitment to Northern’s Ownership philosophy by:
- Exhibiting high energy, a positive attitude, creativity, and passion for member service.
- Maintaining an active, positive, professional image and reputation for Northern in the community while spreading the Ownership philosophy internally and externally.
- Engaging in the recommendation, research, development, and implementation of enhancements to further promote Northern’s Culture and the Standard of Excellence for Member Service.
- Keeping open communication alive by inspiring owner participation on teams, listening to owner ideas, holding meetings, and publishing regular announcements.
- Taking every opportunity to build or enhance member relationships and contributing to their financial well-being.
- Takes ownership of digital engagement platforms under limited supervision by:
- Being responsible for strategic direction, ownership, implementation, and results related to increasing the adoption of all Digital Banking products.
- Leading promotions of Digital Banking products and services to provide guidance and education to members and the organization to maximize the full benefits of the Credit Union’s Digital Banking channels
- Working collaboratively to develop and implement marketing strategies to increase adoption of Credit Union’s Digital Banking channels.
- Conducting member-focused research to understand their needs and how they use our technology to gain insight for future enhancements and to inform marketing strategies and decisions.
- Traveling to relationship centers to assist and educate members and promote Digital Banking products.
- Working with member-facing and training teams to improve internal owner approaches to promoting and educating members on Digital Banking solutions.
- Proactively staying informed of relevant technological advances, best practices, trends, and competitor activities relative to digital products and services aimed to benefit internal owners and members’ financial lives.
- Consistently creating and delivering reports to gauge usage of the aforementioned technologies.
- Proficiently collaborating with third party partners and other internal owners to conduct research or assist with project implementation. Assisting with contract negotiations and documentation completion while ensuring efficient solutions that coincide with Northern’s mission and vision.
- Collaborating with Digital Banking and alternative service vendors to manage, monitor and improve user interface and user experience, as well as follow-through with project planning and management.
- Takes Ownership in ensuring Northern's Digital Banking solutions are the most effective and efficient by:
- In partnership with other teams, consistently testing and improving electronic services to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness. Collaborating with vendors to recognize inefficiencies as well as recommending and implementing solutions.
- Researching product and service enhancements that will create overall efficiencies in Northern's electronic service delivery channels. Analyzing benefits of applications, cost of projects, return on investment, equipment, and implementation requirements to justify expenditures and ensure solutions meet the Credit Union’s mission and vision.
Other Job Functions:
- Through Ownership Pride, promotes Northern's Core Values throughout the organization.
- Promotes teamwork within the Credit Union and actively seeks solutions to issues related to member and internal owner expectations.
- Actively participates in other Credit Union duties, functions, committees, and events as may be reasonably requested, or on a volunteer basis.
- Provides informed, friendly, prompt, professional and accurate communication, service and support to all members and internal owners.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of all credit union policies, procedures, culture, values, and trends within the credit union industry.
- Develops and maintains key business relationships with vendors, association groups, and other parties as necessary and appropriate in support of Credit Union programs.
- Participates in the future of the credit union by offering constructive suggestions that may attract new members and/or enhance product penetration.
- Stays informed and maintains a working knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to digital business compliance as well as changes to credit union regulations, policies and procedures, products/services, and delivery channels as well as culture and trends within the Credit Union industry.
- Keeps abreast of evolving consumer needs, trends, and other technologies especially as it relates to self-service options.
- Provides assistance to senior leadership with various initiatives/projects.
- Identifies and participates in educational programs such as Cornerstone online training resources, schools and/or conferences to continually develop greater knowledge and expertise in digital service. Takes initiative for personal career development and seeks opportunities to learn new skills.
- Regular workday with occasional overtime, evenings, and weekends.
- Telecommuting work environment combined with regular travel between relationship centers and offsite locations for programs, meetings, and promotional events.
Qualifications Skills and Experience:
- A 2-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school is required.
- 2 –5 years of similar or related experience is required.
- Exhibits a professional level of self-direction and autonomy. Diversified procedures, specialized job standards, and specific policies, as well as agreed upon objectives, deadlines and priorities require analytical ability, judgment, and time management skills.
- Independently prioritizes workflow, carries out the successive steps and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices. The internal owner in the role will function as a high individual contributor and influence financial or strategic impact.
- Possessing a significant level of trust, credibility, and diplomacy. In-depth dialogue, conversations and explanations with members and outside vendors will be required. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance. Proven ability and maturity to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional manner is required.
- Produces financial or strategic results and creates a minor impact on current organizational outcomes.
- Exceptional member service skills are required: positive solutions focused approach, product and service knowledge, attention to detail, and adherence to operational policies and procedures.
- Clear communication with internal and external owners with strong attention to detail are required.
- The ability to effectively develop and motivate people in one-on-one and in small group situations is essential.
- Experience providing creative input on promotions and campaigns.
- General knowledge of query and report generation is required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to routinely manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in both an individual environment and dynamic fast-paced team environment, in addition to successfully collaborating with Leadership teams on a regular basis.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and remain calm in tense situations with both internal and external owners.
- Must be a high-energy person who is self-motivated and results oriented and able to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Must adapt well to new or non-traditional environments and display a commitment to the community, to increasing member engagement and to Northern’s objectives.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together. Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important Instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate office equipment. Physical Strength: Occasionally lift and carry items weighing approximately 30lbs. Working Conditions: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
Mental Activities and Requirements of this position:
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables. Mathematics Ability: Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission. Markup and selling price; and ratio, proportion, and percentage. Able to perform very simple algebra. Language Ability: Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare materials using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style. Ability to communicate at panel discussions and make professional presentations.
The base pay range for this position is $24.64 - $32.34 per hour. Exact offers will be determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.