The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is looking for a dedicated professional for our Director of Vocational Services position. Many types of professionals get to work with people with special needs every day. While the jobs they perform and their personalities may differ, the best people in this field are organized, adaptable, calming, understanding, dedicated, and passionate. If that sounds like you, consider a career with us today. We have outstanding paid time off, great benefits and a wonderful work environment where you make a difference in peoples lives everyday.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK Exempt - Monday-Friday (7:30am-4:00pm) Flexible to the needs of the Agency
QUALIFICATIONS - Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, Business or related field with five (5) years of experience as it relates to the position essential functions. A minimum of two years experience in a leadership role. At least one year of experience working with developmentally, intellectually disabled or mental health population.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible for ensuring protective oversight for all those supported in work/training programs. Responsible for the compliance of all regulatory bodies to include Office of Persons with Developmental Disabilities, Office of Mental Health, ACCES-VR, SourceAmerica, NYSID, OSHA and Department of Labor. Responsible for ensuring the supervision of all personnel relative to vocational contracts, Supported Employment, Community Based Services, and production and other business sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provide programmatic leadership to and maintain adequate communication with subordinates to oversee and monitor that Vocational Services programs and services are operating efficiently and effectively. Coach and develop team members.
- Supervise the following departments/persons: Both Counties: Community Based Employment and Community Prevocational Services and the Vocational Contracts Counselor.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of HARP services and expansion of program in both Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties.
- Ensure and monitor effective employment services for ACCES-VR, OPWDD, PATHWAY, ETP, and Community Mental Health Programs.
- Ensure employment program criteria, outcomes, stakeholder satisfaction and regulation requirements for the Career Connections and Career Opportunities Programs.
- Responsible for oversite of the operations and transformation of work centers on Jefferson and St. Lawrence County to include to integrated business model.
- Convey all information regarding recertification, program evaluations and unannounced inspections to Chief Operating Officer (COO). Maintain close communication with Chief Operating Officer as to activities and issues in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate staff coverage to provide adequate protective oversight and operation of programs.
- Review and approve purchase requests.
- Identify potential funding opportunities to support programs (i.e., grants).
- Ensure staff training programs are adequate in terms of orientation of all new employees, in-service training sessions required during probationary period, and continuance of on-going in-service training.
- Confirm that a daily safety inspection in areas of responsibility is conducted to minimize and address any possible safety hazards, and to ensure all equipment is being utilized safely and properly.
- Safeguard that Supported Employment and Pre-Vocational work programs meet the needs of the persons we support.
- Monitor, manage, and report on departments monthly financial statements.
- Remain cognizant of production status in an attempt to ensure completion of orders in a timely manner. Interface with customers as needed to ensure good relationships.
- Responsible for the successful transformation of the work centers to integrated business model.
- Development of a new model of providing vocational services as part of the Arc JSLC Strategic Plan for OPWDD Transformation efforts managed care.
- Participate in the EDD scheduled rotation.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY Administrator of Community-Based Employment, Administrator of Vocational Services in both Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties
TRAVEL Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties, additional travel to training/conferences as necessary
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran