We are looking for a dynamic, people person to assist with recruiting our first in class workforce. If you love interacting with the public, are good at matching people to the positions best suited to their skill sets and thrive in a fast paced environment then we want you to join our HR team in Jefferson County.
Here are the details of the position:
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK Variable hours - Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with flexible hours depending on needs and scheduling of events.
QUALIFICATIONS - Associates Degree in Business Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related field with 1 to 3 years experience in HR systems to include applicant tracking systems with experience in recruitment, participation in career fairs and virtual recruitment platforms. A reasonable combination of education and practical work experience demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position will be considered. Proficient computer skills in: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel necessary. Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - To assist in all recruitment functions focusing on evaluating job candidates, interviewing job candidates, participation in career fairs, making job offers to successful candidates, as well as assisting candidates in the application process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- General Recruitment efforts for all non-exempt staff, to include job fairs, maintenance of the online application, internet job boards and interviews.
- Review and approve applications for various departments for open entry-level positions.
- Schedule interviews with candidates and employees of the Agency, including Hiring Managers and People We Support.
- Actively participate in interview process for prospective candidates for entry-level employment within various departments.
- Make job offers to successful candidates.
- Maintain productive relationships with Department of Labor, local high schools and colleges, temporary staffing agencies, and other resources.
- Maintain or secure necessary data to analyze vacancies, applicants, recruitment efforts and turnover and produce reports as requested.
- Maintain up-to-date procedures for all specific duties.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Project Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
TRAVEL - Travel within Jefferson County and/or St. Lawrence County (occasionally outside this area) for career fairs and other community events within the scope of position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment and in the community. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran