POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – May be full time or part time; hours to be assigned based on store needs
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or equivalent. One (1) year of sales experience in a retail environment preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Ensure mailroom and other packaging tasks are completed timely and accurately. Maintain courteous and professional relationships with customers in person and over the telephone.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive, sort and place mail in mailboxes accurately.
- Assist with receiving and processing packages for shipping, including lifting and weighing packages on a scale, accessing manifesting software, and generating shipping labels. (May require retrieving packages from customer’s vehicle when requested). Process hold for pickup and access point packages accurately.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner; determine customer needs and how to exceed their expectations.
- Record transactions as necessary in Mailbox Manager and UPS Access Point.
- Handle packages appropriately and carefully.
- Record any sales transactions performed completely and accurately in Point of Sale system.
- Assist in packing contents of packages as requested by staff for shipping using established procedures and products.
- Assist in merchandising the center, including: stocking shelves with product, ensuring clean and orderly appearance of product, and informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering supplies. Ensure cleanliness of store.
- Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment and all other office machines in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Assist customers with operating office machines located in the retail area.
- All other duties assigned by UPS Retail Center Assistant Manager or MCO Manager.
- Time Management.
- Strong Communication.
- Interest and Aptitude for Technology.
- Ability to be Cross-Trained.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
TRAVEL – There is no travel required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a retail sales environment. This role routinely uses POS, cash registers, packing equipment, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 50 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran