The Watertown Family YMCA has an exciting opportunity to launch and lead our $27.5 million Downtown YMCA Community and Aquatic Center. This new state of the art facility will consist of two pristine pools, a splash pad, a racquet sports center with two USTA tennis courts which can convert to eight pickleball courts, child watch and kids’ adventures areas, three fully wired group exercise rooms, an indoor track, multiple training rooms and a fitness/wellness area with all new equipment. We are looking to hire the Branch Director now to lead our existing Downtown Y and fully participate in the outfitting and launch of the new branch at the end of this year. If you are up for the challenge, with strong people, program, finance, and facility management skills, we want to talk to you. Salary Range $55,000-$75,000. Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Branch Director at the Downtown YMCA Community and Aquatic Center stewards the Y’s cause, serving the members, program participants and the community. The Branch Director is responsible to launch, maintain and grow all aspects of operations of the Downtown YMCA, including management of facilities, aquatics, racquet sports, child watch, fitness center and member services. The Branch Director oversees the operation of the Y and participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders.
1. Launches the facility and operations at the New Downtown YMCA Community and Aquatics Center
2. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
3. Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Measures progress and ensures continuous improvement.
4. Provides direct oversight for the directors of aquatics, racquet sports, child watch, fitness center and other new programs of the Downtown YMCA.
5. Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met, and safety procedures are followed.
6. Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
7. Oversees the hiring, training, development, scheduling, and supervision of staff.
8. Serves as an integral and working part of the Branch operations, setting the standard for others.
9. Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact for all stakeholders including volunteers, members, program participants and community leaders.
10. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
11. Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
12. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds, and equipment. 13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years of management experience, YMCA or other similar business model and/or launch of new operation preferred.
• Experience managing and growing significant operational budgets
• Ability to direct total operations through supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to wear protective equipment appropriate for their job or work area.
• Able to perform medium cleaning duties on multilevel facility as needed.
• Occasional movement of up to 30 pounds.
• Move about the full facility often (up to once every 30-60 minutes) to detect potential issues.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include identifying and recognizing potential safety issues and the ability to work on computer programs.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Able to identify and respond rapidly to emergency situations and perform emergency first aid, abdominal thrusts, CPR and utilization of an AED machine
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.