POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – 40 hours per week. Monday thru Friday 7:30a.m. – 4:00p.m. depending on the needs of the program
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma and one year experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred. Previous warehouse management experience preferred. Must have superior organizational and efficient time management capabilities. Must also be a certified forklift operator or able to become certified. Must be proficient with computers. Valid New York State Driver’s License.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Assist with the supervision of the 17,000 square foot warehouse operation and all facets including ordering, receiving, processing, and fulfillment. Assist with the pick and pack operation and generate orders as instructed by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or IMPACTO personnel. Supervise the work of production workers and people we support producing safety equipment in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor. Complete returns from other warehouses, sort products, inventory, repack and ship accordingly in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor. Complete work orders and packaging requirements according to packing slips. Generate all shipments utilizing UPS software and FedEx. Operate a forklift and/or pallet jack for loading and unloading shipments of materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt and the dispatch of goods that enter or leave the warehouse.
- Generate packing slips and print shipping labels for IMPACTO products.
- Prepare orders for shipping by palletizing and shrink wrapping accordingly.
- Assist with control of inventory levels by conducting physical counts of raw materials, finished products and supplies weekly, end of month and end of year, or as requested by IMPACTO personnel.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follow up on work results in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Coordinate with vendors and transport service providers for receipt and dispatch of products in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Monitor and maintain quality control during all phases of production of safety equipment on all assigned contracts.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Ensure that all OSHA standards and regulations are maintained.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services. Complete required IMPACTO training.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Effective Leadership Skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – Assist the Warehouse Supervisor in the management/oversight of the Warehouse.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment to produce, assemble, fabricate products and various equipment to move material in the facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran