POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – 40 hours per week; usually 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, depending on the needs of the program.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or GED and one year experience working with the developmentally disabled. Manufacturing experience also preferred. A valid/acceptable NYS driver’s license. Proficient with computers. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Provide supervision to all workers assigned to work area. Plan and coordinate all work activities for workers. Ensure that all quality standards are met. Ensure all delivered products meet company cost, quality and quantity requirements.Review processing schedules and production orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize the workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules daily.
- Ensure all production goals are met for assigned workers.
- Monitor and maintain quality control during all phases of production on all assigned contracts.
- Monitor work performance and progress of assigned workers.
- Check production output according to specifications.
- Keep accurate inventory of raw materials and supplies in assigned work areas.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Train new workers on how to safely use machinery and follow safety procedures.
- Perform or ensure that a daily safety inspection in the work area (to include the slip and fall report) is conducted to minimize and address any possible safety hazards, and to ensure all equipment is being utilized safely and properly.
- Report any production problems to Production Coordinator or Director of Vocational Services or Director of Vocational Services and Business Development.
- Document all waiver services in Therap according to waiver service guidelines for assigned workers as required.
- Assist in the implementation of behavioral programs as per treatment plan.
- Actively participate in the development of each individual's Habilitative (treatment) plan by
- Report untoward (unusual) behavior episodes and/or incidents to the appropriate professional staff.
- Provide supervision to workers as needed
- Record daily production sheets and attendance. Maintain attendance for fire drills as required.
- Fill in for other production supervisors when needed.
- Complete incident reports on as needed basis.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Effective Leadership Skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY - None
TRAVEL - None
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 50 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.