Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Flexible to the needs of the program – 40 hours a week
Qualifications: Associates degree in/or completion of two year college program for Physical Therapist Assistant; licensed and registered by New York State; clinical experience with children and adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
Summary/Objective: Provide physical therapy intervention to children and adults with identified impairments under the supervision of a registered physical therapist. Document the delivery of physical therapy intervention in a manner that will achieve reimbursement from funding sources. Attend and participate in meetings as requested by your supervisor and/or program administrators to act as a professional resource and advocate for the children and or adults supported. Conduct in services as requested by supervisor and/or program administrator.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide intervention to support goals established in the plan of care under the supervision of a registered physical therapist.
- Complete daily documentation efficiently, accurately and contemporaneously in compliance with Medicaid standards for reimbursement.
- Ongoing consultation with supervising physical therapist to assist with accurate documentation of progress and/or regression.
- Under the supervision of the physical therapist, act as a resource to assist with training which could include but not limited to the proper use of adaptive equipment, safe patient handling, proper lifting techniques, wheelchair repair/management, etc.
- Under the supervision of a registered physical therapist, assist in adaptive equipment management and repair.
- Exhibit ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and training skills
- Protect and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Detail oriented
- Proficient use of multiple computer programs
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Travel: Travel may be required site to site.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and provides services in therapy rooms at sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. I have read and received a copy of the above job description and understand the responsibilities fully. I understand that the preceding job description will be reviewed/updated at least annually; more frequent updates will depend on contract needs.
Wage Range - $20.55-$23.43/ Hour, based on education and experience